Tuesday 24 June 2014

The Final Assault - CSE 2014 !!

As I begin preparing for my fourth and final assault (i.e. the attempt) on Civil Service Exam, I thought to outline a strategy and a timeline for it. May God takes away all my laziness, procrastination and casualness from me, forever. Amen :) !!

Strategy:
- To strengthen reliable areas like Philosophy Paper-I, GS Paper-I & III.
- To prepare unreliable portions like Philosophy Paper-II, GS-II, IV and Essay in a way so as to mitigate the uncertainty & low scores. 
   P.S. Essay has been quite notorious for me. Attempt 1: 104/200, 2: 046/200 and 3: 140/250.
- To deepen my knowledge of Philosophy in Paper-I and POR. I will have to include C D Sharma in my reading list.
- To make short notes of all the topics
- Periodic revision and answer writing practice

Timeline:

June 25-30: POR
July: IP & WP
After Prelims: SPP

Reading List:

  1. Class and Printed notes of Patanjali Coaching for Paper-I (except CWP) and Paper-II
  2. Class notes of CWP of Ignited Minds
  3. IP- 1) Dutta Chatterjee 2) C D Sharma
  4. WP- Y. Masih
  5. To supplement SPP notes from Internet
Lets see how it materializes this time.

15 comments:

  1. Hello Raja congratulations on your achievement. I am Abhay Sharma IRTS (488 rank 2011 exam with philo + pub ad) Will be grateful if you could clear some doubts: Is ignited minds good? is there any need to attend his classes, or class material will do? I am from english medium and attended patanjali for western in 2011 but concepts did not get clear. finally, can u provide me with amit sir's number? will be grateful
    thanks
    abhay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abhay !!
      - IM is good. I attended only Contemporary WP. But sir teaches very well.
      - Its better to attend classes. Frankly speaking I haven't gone through sir's notes. English medium people find it difficult to learn from notes, classes are easier. Sir speaks technical words in English also. So its easy going in class.
      - Call IM@ 011-27654704, 9540131314

      Delete
    2. Thank you Raja! Hope your preparations for this year are going well. I have one more query: Mitrapal is advertising with your name in the list of toppers. Did you attend his classes? Are they good? Actually I am in Rajinder Nagar and IM teaches only in mukherjee nagar.
      Thanks

      Delete
    3. I attended just ONE test and that test's discussion with Mitrapal sir. I didn't attend his classes.

      Delete
    4. thank you. Talked to Amit Kumar Sir. Will be attending some classes after pre.

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I had given last mains, but did not performed well.paper1 56 paper 2 87.last time I read a lot pitanjali ,books,amit sir printed notes but unable to revision at last.now I m afraid not to do the same mistake.
    I am working in D PSU Bangalore.so due to time constraint, I m thinking to relay on pitanjali only.
    Please advice what to do .

    amanast17 @gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi !!
      1. Revision is a MUST for good scores. Though I got average score, I lost on 20-30 marks only due to lack of revision.
      2. For this to happen, we have to restrict ourselves to limited but sufficient material. Rather than studying four sources, I believe that we should study one source for four times.
      3. Patanjali notes are good enough. May not be 100% but okay overall.

      Best of Luck !!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I m not able to score well in P2. Can you please give some tips about answer writing in P2, specially social political part. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. P2 is all about ideas and their articulation. Use internet for building your ideas. Try to include some contemporary examples in your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir I want to join a classroom course in philosophy in eng med. Can you suggest, it will be immensely helpful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patanjali Classes is a good option.

      Good Luck !!

      Delete
  6. Sir ,
    Do you have any your written answers of paper2? please share.
    ramupsc2015@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Can you please share which topics in philosophy paper 2 u prepare from where?
    Thanks :)
    ramupsc2015@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete